Food Tour in Bari, Polignano and Alberobello
Go on an exciting food and wine tour in Bari, Polignano a Mare, the Murge and Castel del Monte. Travel in Puglia to discover the colours, scents and authentic taste of this wonderful land. Visit picturesque seaside villages and taste food delicacies directly with the local producers, the true custodians of Apulian food and wine culture. A true delight for the eyes and the palate!
Private Tour: 2 people – duration 5 days / 4 nights
Price per person: € 1.189
|Where||Bari, Molfetta, Trani, Polignano a Mare, Alberobello, Castel del Monte, Murge|
|When||all the year|
|Included||Art, Culture, History, Food & Wine, Sea, Nature|
|Not included||International flights|
Day 1: Welcome to Bari
Your first day in Puglia begins in Bari, a charming port city overlooking the Adriatic Sea. Take some time to explore the city and enjoy a welcome seafood dinner.
Included: transfer from the airport or train station, seafood dinner and accommodation in Bari
Day 2: Bari and Trani
In the morning, discover the city by taking part in the guided tour of Bari Old Town (“Bari vecchia”), the historic centre characterised by the typical narrow streets. Let yourself be surprised by the Street Food Tour: find out how people live in Bari and what they eat. In the afternoon, a guided tour and a local Moscato wine tasting awaits you in Trani.
Visited: Bari and Trani
Included: Bari guided tour with local food tasting, guided tour in Trani with Moscato wine tasting, return transfer to Trani, accommodation in Bari
Day 3: Polignano a Mare & Alberobello
In the morning visit Polignano a Mare, one of the most beautiful villages on the Apulian coast. Discover the wonderful historic centre of this amazing old little town, which stands out all white on a rocky spur by the sea and is reflected in crystal clear waters with an unmistakable green and blue reflection.
Have lunch in Alberobello and enjoy the guided tour in the wonderful Trulli of Alberobello, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Learn the history of these typical white stone houses obtained from the limestone rocks of the Murge Plateau, which have made this area of Puglia famous all over the world.
Visited: Polignano a Mare and Alberobello
Included: Lunch in Alberobello, guided tour of Alberobello, return transfer to Polignano a Mare and Alberobello, accommodation in Bari
Day 4: Murgia & Castel del Monte
On the fourth day, this food tour takes you to discover the Murgia Plateau and local specialities. Arrive at the Masseria to visit the orchard and vegetable garden: learn how Apulian wheat is grown, join the cooking class to make bread and focaccia with final food tasting.
In the afternoon, guided tour of Castel del Monte, an imposing fortress with its unmistakable octagonal structure, built by Emperor Frederick II of Swabia in the Murge plateau around the middle of the thirteenth century. You will admire a wonderful example of medieval architecture, included among the UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
Visited: Murgia and Castel del Monte
Included: Visit to an authentic Masseria, bread making class and lunch, guided tour of Castel del Monte, return transfer to Murgia and Castel del Monte, accommodation in Bari
Day 5: Goodbye
After breakfast, we say goodbye in Puglia and take you to the airport or railway station in Bari.
Included: Transfer to the airport or train station in Bari
|4 nights in Boutique hotel or B&B in Bari with wi-fi, air conditioning and breakfast included|
|3 Food and Wine Experiences (Bari food tour, lunch in Alberobello restaurant, experience in a Masseria in Ruvo di Puglia)|
|1 Wine tasting in Trani|
|1 Bakery experience in the Murge|
|5 Private transfers (from airport or train station to accommodation, from Bari to Trani and return, from Bari to Polignano and Alberobello and return, from Bari to Murgia and Castel del Monte and return, from accommodation to airport or train station)|
|4 Guided tours (Bari, Trani, Alberobello, Castel del Monte)|
|What’s not included:|
|Tips for local guides|
|Lunches and dinners on your own|
|Other expenses not expressly mentioned in the “what’s included” section|
Price per person: € 1.189 – minimum 2 people
Ready to go?
- A 40% deposit is required to confirm bookings. We strongly recommend paying the deposit as soon as possible in order to secure the package and activities.
- Final payment is due 60 days prior to arrival to Puglia.
- If for any reason the food tour in Bari, Polignano a Mare, the Murge and Castel del Monte is cancelled 30 calendar days before arrival, there is a 75% penalty for the total trip amount and the balance payment is refunded.
- There is no refund for cancellations calendar 15 days before the dates of the services. No exceptions to these terms and conditions will be made and we strongly recommend that you secure appropriate insurance for travel cancellations. No changes in the food tour can be made once clients are in Italy.
Read the Terms and Conditions of Italia Delight (art. 11).
- 4 nights in Boutique hotel or B&B in Bari with wi-fi, air conditioning and breakfast included
- 3 Food and Wine Experiences (Bari food tour, lunch in Alberobello restaurant, experience in a Masseria in Ruvo di Puglia)
- 1 Wine tasting in Trani
- 1 Bakery experience in the Murge
- 5 Private transfers (from airport or train station to accommodation, from Bari to Trani and return, from Bari to Polignano and Alberobello and return, from Bari to Murgia and Castel del Monte and return, from accommodation to airport or train station)
- 4 Guided tours (Bari, Trani, Alberobello, Castel del Monte)
What’s not included:
- Museum Entrances
- Tips for local guides
- Lunches and dinners on your own
- Other expenses not expressly mentioned in the “what’s included”
Price per person: € 1189 – minimum 2 people
To request a tailor-made quote, contact the Local Expert
I founded the tour operator together with my wife.
I am Italian and my wife is Filipino. We have worked and lived on three different continents (Asia, America, Europe) and have been independent travellers for many years.
Curiosity and exploration have always been in our DNA. We work every day to share our vision of life made of happiness, freedom and self-determination.