What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files sent from the site to the user’s terminal (usually to the browser), where they are stored before being re-transmitted to the site at the next visit by the same user. A cookie cannot retrieve any other data from the user’s hard disk nor transmit computer viruses or acquire email addresses. Each cookie is unique to the user’s web browser. Some of the functions of cookies can be delegated to other technologies. In this document the term “cookie” refers to both cookies, properly so-called, and to all similar technologies.
Type of cookies
Cookies can be first or third party, where “first part” means cookies that report the site as domain, while “third party” means cookies that are related to external domains.
Third-party cookies are necessarily installed by an external party, always defined as “third party”, not managed by the site. These subjects may also install first-party cookies, saving their cookies on the site’s domain.
Another type of cookies are the so-called “Flash Cookies” (Local Shared Objects), used within Adobe Flash Player to deliver some content, such as video clips or animations, in order to remember the settings and preferences. Flash cookies are stored on the device, but are managed through a different interface than the one provided by the browser used.
Nature of cookies
With regard to the nature of cookies, there are several types:
Technical cookies are those used for the sole purpose of “transmitting a communication over an electronic communication network, or to the extent strictly necessary for the provider of an information society service explicitly requested by the contractor or by the user to provide such service “(see Article 122, paragraph 1, of Decreto Legislativo 30 June 2003, n. 196).
They are not used for other purposes and are normally installed directly by the owner or operator of the website. They can be divided into:
_ browsing or session cookies, which guarantee the normal navigation and use of the website (allowing, for example, to make a purchase or authenticate to access restricted areas); they are in fact necessary for the proper functioning of the site;
_ analytics cookies, similar to technical cookies when used directly by the site operator to collect information, in aggregate form, on the number of users and how they visit the site, in order to improve the performance of the site;
_ functional cookies, which allow the user to navigate according to a series of selected criteria (for example, the language, the products selected for purchase) in order to improve the service provided. For the installation of these cookies it is not required the prior consent of users (more information in the paragraph Cookie management below).
Profiling cookies are designed to create profiles related to the user and are used in order to send advertising messages in line with the preferences expressed by the same in the context of surfing the net.
The consent of the user is required for the use of profiling cookies. According to the provision (more information in the paragraph on cookie management below) the user can authorise or deny consent to the installation of cookies through the options provided in the “Manage cookies” section.
In the case of third-party cookies, the site has not direct control of individual cookies and cannot control them (it can neither install them directly nor delete them). You can still manage these cookies through your browser settings (follow the instructions below), or the sites listed in the “Manage cookies” section.
The User is therefore invited to check on the website of the third part indicated in the table below.
Cookies installed on this website
List of technical cookies on italiadelight.com website
For more information, see the pages:
For more information, see https://policies.google.com/technologies/cookies?hl=it
For more information, see https://policy.pinterest.com/en/privacy-policy
List of profiling cookies on Italia Delight website
Italia Delight manages Doubleclick through Cadreon. You can disable the installation of cookies by Doubleclick on Italia Delight website at any time by enabling Cadreon from the “Manage cookies” link on the page. If the cookies have been previously installed, delete the cookies through the browser settings (follow the instructions on this page), because being third parties it is not technically possible for the Italia Delight site to remove them.
More information, also in relation to the ways in which you can disable these cookies, is available at the following link: https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads
Google Adwords Remarketing
Google Adwords Remarketing installs cookies to study and improve advertising, with remarketing actions, in order to send the users messages in line with their interests.
Remarketing helps you reach users who have visited the site. Previous visitors or users can see Italia Delight ads while they browse websites that are included in the Google Display Network or while searching for terms related to the products or services provided by Italia Delight on Google.
More information, also in relation to the ways in which you can disable these cookies, available at the following link: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2407785?hl=it
To select/deselect the cookie, click here:
Duration of cookies
Cookies have a duration dictated by the expiration date (or by a specific action such as closing the browser) set at the time of installation.
Cookies can be:
_ temporary or session (session cookies): they are used to store temporary information, to link the actions performed during a specific session and are removed from the computer when the browser is closed;
_ permanent (persistent cookies): they are used to store information, such as the login name and password, in order to avoid the user having to type them again each time he/she visits a specific site. These remain stored on your computer even after you close the browser.
The user has the faculty at any time to exercise the rights recognised by art. 7 of Decreto Legislativo n. 196 of 2003 and, in particular, among others, to obtain a copy of the data processed, their updating, their origin, the purpose and the mode of processing, their rectification or integration, their erasure, transformation into anonymous form or the block for data processing in violation of the law and to oppose the processing for legitimate reasons.
In order to exercise these rights, please write to the attention of Italia Delight Controller, domiciled for the office at Italia Delight headquarters or contact us through our website (insert link to the privacy page).
If you have already given your consent but want to change cookies permissions, you must delete them through the browser, as shown below, because otherwise those already installed will not be removed. In particular, please note that it is not possible in any way to control third-party cookies, so if your consent has already been given, it is necessary to delete cookies through the browser (dedicated section) or by asking for the opt-out directly to third parties or via http://www.youronlinechoices.com/it/le-tue-scelte
If you want to know more, you can consult the following sites:
HOW TO DISABLE/DELETE COOKIES BY BROWSER CONFIGURATION
- Run the Chrome Browser
- Click on the menu in the browser toolbar next to theurlinput window for navigation
3. Select Settings
4. Click Show Advanced Settings
5. In the “Privacy” section click on the “Content settings” button
6. In the “Cookies” section you can change the following cookie settings:
_ Allow data to be saved locally
_ Change local data only until the browser is closed
_ Prevent sites from setting cookies
_ Block third-party cookies and site data
_ Manage exceptions for some internet sites
_ Delete one or all cookies
For more information, visit the page: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=en
- Run the Mozilla Browser Firefox
- Click on the menu in the browser toolbar next to theurlinput window for navigation
- Select Options
- Select the Privacy panel
- Click Show Advanced Settings
- In the “Privacy” section click on the “Content settings” button
- In the “Tracking” section you can change the following cookie settings:
- Request sites to not make any tracking
- Tell the sites the availability to be tracked
- Do not communicate any preference regarding the tracking of personal data
- From the“History”section you can:
- By enabling “Use custom settings” select to accept third-party cookies (always, from most visited sites or never) and to keep them for a fixed period (until their expiration, at the close of Firefox or to ask every time)
- Remove individual cookies stored.
For more information, please visit: https: // su p port.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Run the Internet Explorer Browser
- Click the Tools button and select Internet Options
- Click on the Privacy tab and, in the Settings section, change the slider according to the desired action for cookies:
- Block all cookies
- Allow all cookies
- Select the sites from which to obtain cookies: move the cursor to an intermediate position so as not to block or allow all cookies, then click on Sites, in the Web Site Address box enter a website and then press on Block or Allow.
For more information, please visit the page:
- Run the Safari Browser
- Click on Safari, select Preferences and press Privacy
- In the Block Cookies section, specify how Safari must accept cookies from websites.
- To view which sites have stored cookies click on Details
For more information, visit the page
IOS Safari (mobile devices)
- Run the iOS Safari Browser
- Tap on Settings and then Safari
- Tap on Block Cookiesand choose from the various options: “Never”, “Third party and advertisers” or “Always”
- To delete all cookies stored by Safari, tap on Settings, then on Safari and finally on
Delete cookies and data
For more information, visit : https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265
- Run the Opera Browser
- Click on the Preferences, then click on Advanced and finally on Cookies
- Select one of the following options:
- Accept all cookies
- Accept cookies only from the site you visit: third-party cookies and those that are sent from a domain other than the one you are visiting will be rejected
- Never accept cookies: all cookies will never be saved.
For more information, visit: https://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/privacy/